Book a Training Course
CITB - SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme)
- Max No. Delegates 20
- Validity 60 Months
- Price including cerficate £249.00
Additional Course NotesCourse fees
£170.50 + £78.50 Book and certificate fee
|13/03/2019 - 08:30||2 Days||Plymouth||AVAILABILITY||£249.00||BOOK|
|23/04/2019 - 08:30||2 Days||Redruth||AVAILABILITY||£249.00||BOOK|
|20/05/2019 - 08:30||2 Days||Cullompton||AVAILABILITY||£249.00||BOOK|
|04/06/2019 - 08:30||2 Days||Plymouth||AVAILABILITY||£249.00||BOOK|
|Available Course dates|
Course AimsThe course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
• Why they are carrying out their identified duties?
• What is expected of them?
• To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the problems of the industry
• Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
• Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
• Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
• Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• Be able to monitor site activities effectively
• Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Course Entry RequirementsNo formal qualifications or experience are necessary. Candidates should ensure that they attend the Site Safety Plus course most relevant to their job role (i.e. Supervisor or Managers)
Literacy and language comprehension are important requirements on all courses.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
Course ContentDAY 1
•Introductions and objectives
•The role of the supervisor
•Health and safety law
•Safe systems of work: Risk assessment & method statements
•Health and Safety management
•Fire Prevention/Control and other emergencies
•Hazardous substances (COSHH)
•Group Exercise: Risk assessment & method statements
•Presentation skills: Delivering effective toolbox talks
•CDM / Notification
•Working at height
•Personal Protective Equipment
•Accidents and first aid
•Intervention skills and behaviour
•Course Review/ Closure
Who will benefitThis two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities (First line managers, foreman, gangers, team leaders and supervisors). It provides candidates with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and, as such, the course must be delivered as laid out in the following programme.