This fund provides assistance for micro and small construction companies to develop a stronger skills base. Specifically, it provides an extra incentive for you to access CITB grant eligible training.
Who can apply for funding?
CITB-registered employers with up to 99 directly employed staff on the payroll. Employers can apply for funding once every 12 months. Here is a link to the application form. https://www.citb.co.uk/documents/funding/st-application-form-2019.pdf
How much you can apply for
CITB-registered employers can apply for funding related to how many direct employees they have:
Employers with 1 to 49 directly employed staff can receive up to £5,000.
Employers with 50 to 74 directly employed staff can receive up to £7,500.
Employers with 75 to 99 directly employed staff can receive up to £10,000
The grant fund is paid directly to you, in bulk, upfront. Once the payment has been made, you can start the training. You will need to retain evidence of invoices and certificates to demonstrate that the training has taken place.
Once all of the training has finished you will need to return a completion form along with the evidence to CITB email@example.com within 28 days of your project end date.
Will I still get my grant from each course my employee achieves?
Yes, on top of the Skills and Training fund you will also receive a grant for each course your employee achieves so long as you use an ATO like us (LTC Training Services) for example;
1. Within your application you have listed a CISRS Part 1 course at the cost of £995
2. The grant amount (through an ATO – LTC Training Services) is £500 (same for Part 2 and Advanced)
3. CITB will give you £495 in your Skills and Training fund
4. Contact LTC and book your Part 1 using the £495 Skills and Training fund
5. On completion of the Part 1 course, LTC will claim back £500.00 for you back into your bank account. In turn the whole course has been paid for. (£495 through the Skills and Training fund and £500 from a grant claim from LTC)
What courses are eligible for the Skills and Training Fund?
95% of our courses are eligible, courses that are not;
• Skills Assessments
• Manual Handling
• First Aid
What’s the catch?
Honestly, there isn’t one. This money is readily available for CITB registered companies to take full advantage of.
As an ATO (approved training organisation) we can help you through the process and application and ensure you get the funds for the training you need.
If you would like to start the application process let me know and we can help you through the application.
Here the link to the CITB website for more information https://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grants-and-funding/grants-funding/skills-and-training-fund/