Book a Training Course
IPAF Operator - Boom Lifts, Scissor Lifts, Static Booms
- Max No. Delegates 4
- Validity 60 Months
- Price including cerficate £215.00
Additional Course NotesShould you require a different category on any of the dates below, please contact us on 01752 485303.
As you can only book 2 categories at a time online with us, if you only require 1 category please also contact us on 01752 485303 to arrange, even if the date is available.
Please Note: there is a supplementary charge for a 1b Category of £95 (this charge does not apply to the 3 category price or a 1b group booking)
1 Category £160.00 + £35.00 IPAF card and reg fee
2 Category £180.00 + £35.00 IPAF card and reg fee
3 Category £345.00 + £35.00 IPAF card and reg fee
*Please Note: there is a supplementary charge for a 1b Category of £95 (this charge does not apply to the 3 category price or a 1b group booking)
Course AimsTo instruct an operator to prepare and safely operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP’s) and to obtain an IPAF MEWP Operators Licence (Certificate and PAL card). Candidates can opt to train on 1 or 2 categories of machine. The training is valid for 5 years and is recognised by the Build UK Contractors Group.
At the end of the course the operator will:
- Be aware of the relevant health and safety regulations
- Be aware of accident prevention and control
- Be aware of the needs regarding personal protection
- Be aware of the need to refer to the machine operators manual
- Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner, inside and outside a building
Important - please note: IPAF have announced that from 13th April 2021, all candidates who undertake IPAF training and pass will get their license and/or certification digitally through IPAF's new app, ePAL. In addition, the Co-ordinator of the booking will receive a digital copy.
The app is launching in April 2021 and will be available on Apple iOS and Android apps (search ePAL).
We request that delegates download this app to their smart phone ahead of the course - for courses on and from the 13th April 2021 onwards.
Course Entry RequirementsCandidates must be at least 16 years old. No formal qualifications or experience are necessary. Candidates are not required to hold a driving licence.
A good level of comprehension of both written and spoken English is a requirement on all courses. Candidates must meet the requirements of IPAF’s Health & Fitness Statement.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
Course ContentThe pre-use checks and daily maintenance to be carried out prior to commencing work.
The correct and safe method of operating the specific machine.
The correct emergency procedures, capacities and limitations to enable safe operation.
Selection and use of fall protection equipment covering, as a minimum:
- Harness wearing; how to put it on and fit it properly
- Lanyard adjustment; adjusted for machine and candidate
- Attachment to the MEWP; designated anchor point and karabiner locking
- Proof of inspection; candidates to check if their harness has a proof of inspection (please note that inspection is not covered in this course. Current recommendations HSE and IPAF H1)