Book a Training Course
CITB - Health and Safety Awareness Course
- Max No. Delegates 20
- Validity 60 Months
- Price including cerficate £99.00
Additional Course NotesCourse fees
£75.75 + £49.25 Book and certificate fee
|22/07/2019 - 08:30||1 Day||Plymouth||AVAILABILITY||£99.00||BOOK|
|02/08/2019 - 08:30||1 Day||Redruth||AVAILABILITY||£99.00||BOOK|
|Available Course dates|
Course AimsThe course aims to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
Course Entry Requirements
No formal qualifications or experience are necessary.
Literacy, language comprehension and numeracy are important requirements on all courses.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
- Introductions and objectives
- Legal and general responsibilities
- Accident reporting and recording
- Health and welfare
- First aid and emergency procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory hazards
- Noise and vibration
- Hazardous substances
- Manual handling
- Safety signs
- Fire prevention and control
- Electrical safety, work equipment and hand-held tools
- Mobile plant and site vehicles
- Lifting operations and equipment
- Working at height
- Confined spaces
- Environmental awareness
- Waste materials
Who will benefit
This course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, and is designed to aid the understanding potential hazards the construction worker may face on site.
It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues. It identifies the delegate’s responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, outlines the employer’s duties and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The course is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain an industry site card.
It is also an alternative route to the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment for the CSCS Labourers Card.