To provide basic information to anyone involved in or affected by work at height. Please note that this course does not cover specialist skills required to carry out specific tasks, e.g. rope access and does not contain practical training on equipment e.g. ladders.
By the end of the course an individual will have sufficient knowledge to enable them to comply with their duties under the Work at Height Regulations 2005 (as amended).
Course Entry Requirements
No formal qualifications or experience are necessary, but it would be beneficial if candidates had a basic understanding of work at height issues.
Literacy and language comprehension are important requirements on all courses.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
- Introduction and housekeeping
- Aims and objectives
- Legal overview
- Definition of a competent person
- Definition of working at height
- The fall protection hierarchy
- Defining a safe place of work
- Collective protection measures
- Personal protection measures
- Pre and post use inspection ofplaces, work and work equipment
- Recognising dangerous situations
- Height safety questionnaire
- Course review and questions
Who will benefit
Any operative/employee who is required to work at height in their work environment