Book a Training Course
CITB - SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme Refresher)
- Max No. Delegates 18
- Validity 60 Months
- Price including cerficate £175.00
Additional Course Notes
To help site supervisors to:
- Supervise health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their role
- Develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare of workers on site
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly
Course Entry Requirements
This one day course is for candidates who have previously passed the full two-day Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or subsequent one-day Refresher course (proof of previous attendance is required).
Candidates must take a SSSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SSSTS course will have to be taken again.
The course aims to bring their Health and Safety knowledge up-to-date, as well as giving a thorough overview of legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by changes to procedures, and builds upon the material in the original course.
Delegates taking the SSSTS Refresher course will have an overview of the learning outcomes listed below by the end of the course:
- Introductions and objectives
- Health and safety law
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulation 2015
- Health and safety management systems
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Statutory inspections and checks
- Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Health and welfare of the workforce
- First aid and emergency procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Dust and fumes
- Noise and vibration
- Manual handling
- Site set up and security
- Fire prevention and control
- Plant and work equipment
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment
- Presenting effective toolbox talks
- Working at heights
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined spaces
- Temporary works
- Environmental awareness
- Waste Materials
- Course Review/ Closure
Who will benefit
Delegates should be competent in English literacy, numeracy and language comprehension.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services Ltd prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
Certification- From the 7th December 2020, CITB have advised that all Site Safety Plus certificates will be sent as digital copies only. We must allow up to 10 working days for certification to be received by LTC from CITB.