Book a Training Course
CITB - SMSTS Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
- Max No. Delegates 20
- Validity 60 Months
Additional Course Notes
To help site managers to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive and environmentally friendly
Course Entry Requirements
The five-day course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff within a construction environment.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
- Introductions and objectives
- Health and safety law
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Health and safety policies
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Induction and training
- Effective communication
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Inspection and audit
- Statutory forms, notices and registers
- Accident prevention, control, reporting and investigation
- Delegates will complete core Exercise 1 from the delegates work book
- Management of health
- Welfare facilities
- Stress and mental health at work
- Drugs and alcohol
- Control of substances hazardous to health
- Dust and fumes
- Manual Handling
- Delegates will complete core Exercise 2 from the delegates work book
- Site organisation
- Fire prevention and control and dangerous substances
- Electrical safety
- Temporary works
- Plant and work equipment
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Lifting operations and equipment
- Mobile workforce and equipment
- Delegates will complete core Exercise 3 from the delegates work book
- Work at Height Regulations
- Safe working at height
- Common access equipment
- Fall arrest and suspension equipment
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined spaces
- Delegates will start work on core Exercise 4 Site Layout in preparation for final presentation on Day 5
- Exercise 4 : Final preparation
- Presentation of core Exercise 4
- Debrief and discussion of exercise
Who will benefit
No formal qualifications or experience are necessary. Candidates should ensure that they attend the Site Safety Plus course most relevant to their job role (i.e. Supervisor or Managers).
Literacy, language comprehension and numeracy are important requirements on all courses.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services Ltd prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.