Book a Training Course
- Max No. Delegates 10
- Validity 60 Months
- Price including cerficate £160.00
Additional Course NotesCourse fees
£125.00 + £35 IPAF card and reg fee
07/01/2022 - 08:30
Plymouth Richmond Walk
Course AimsTo instruct delegates to select, inspect and safely use a harness, lanyard and associated equipment when using a MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platform).
At the end of the course candidates will:
- Be aware of the relevant health and safety regulations
- Be aware of the needs with regard to personnel protection equipment (PPE) against falls from height and the relevant requirements
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of PPE against falls from height when using a MEWP
- Be able to inspect and maintain a harness and lanyard
- Be able to fit and use the harness and lanyard identified
Important - please note: IPAF have announced that from 1st June 2021, all candidates who undertake IPAF training and pass will get their license and/or certification digitally through IPAF's new app, ePAL. In addition, the Co-ordinator of the booking will receive a digital copy.
The app is available on Apple iOS and Android apps (search ePAL).
We request that delegates download this app to their smart phone ahead of the course - for courses on and from the 1st June 2021 onwards.
Course Entry RequirementsNo formal qualifications or experience are necessary. Delegates do not have to have previously completed IPAF operator training, but LTC Training Services would strongly recommend that any delegates who will be operating MEWPs are properly trained by attending the IPAF operator training course (see our IPAF operator training course description for further information).
Literacy and language comprehension are important requirements on all courses.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
- Introduction and housekeeping
- Aims and objectives
- Hierarchy of measures for selection of PPE for work at height
- MEWPS and harnesses, boom and vertical type machines
- Harness and lanyard choice
- Pre-use checks
- Correct use of harness, to include practical session
- IPAF harness statement on use of harnesses in MEWPs
- Theory test
- Course review and questions