Book a Training Course
- Max No. Delegates 4
- Validity 60 Months
- Price including cerficate £495.00
Additional Course NotesFor dates for this course, please call 01752 485303
Course fees (exc VAT)
£445.00 + £35.00 IPAF digital cert/card and reg fee
29/07/2024 - 08:00
Course AimsOn successful completion of this course candidates will have demonstrated their ability to operate powered access equipment safely and effectively in challenging work environments and will be able to;
- Be aware of the importance of attitude and behaviour to working at height
- Be aware of the importance of checking a risk assessment against the actual site
- Be aware of the implications of siting the machine in different positions
- Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a range of difficult and challenging scenarios
Important - please note: All candidates who undertake IPAF training and pass will get their license and/or certification digitally through IPAF's new app, ePAL. In addition, the Co-ordinator of the booking will receive a digital copy.
The app is available on Apple iOS and Android apps (search ePAL).
We request that delegates download this app to their smart phone ahead of the course.
Course Entry RequirementsIPAF PAL+ training is open to operators who hold an existing (in date) PAL Card qualification in the relevant
category. (Please be advised that taking the PAL Operator and PAL+ courses back to back may not
be suitable as sufficient experience in operating equipment is required.) Candidates should bring their existing, in date, PAL card along on the day of training.
Literacy and language comprehension are important requirements on all courses. Candidates must
meet the requirements of IPAF’s health & itness statement
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to
making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
- Introduction and house keeping
- Pre-course theory test
- Compact theory session
- Practical training; using large machines e.g. minimum 10m working height scissor lift and minimum 15m working height boom
- Challenging Practical exercises; including demonstrating controlled operation amongst obstacles including confined overhead spaces and at ground level
- Theory test (open book)
- Practical test
- Individual interview testing candidates understanding
Who will benefitIPAF PAL+ is an optional, additional one day of category-specific training aimed at operators working in higher risk or challenging environments e.g. steelwork, net rigging, work in confined overhead spaces and work on challenging terrain.
The PAL+ course is intended to be more advanced, challenging and extensive than the IPAF PAL Operator course