St.Marys church was commissioned in 1846 and is constructed from mainly reddish coloured Biscovey slate taken from the adjacent quarry.
The corner stones where made from Pentwewan stone brought from the cliffs near Mevagissey.
The scaffolding is 28 metres high and the tower is still used as a landmark for navigation by local sailors.
The scaffolding could not touch the lower roofs at all, creating a challenge for our engineers and scaffolding team.
We have provided designed scaffolding to enable repairs to the pointing and stone work on the church tower as the stones used in the original construction are porous so water ingress has been an issue for a long period.