Trevorrick Carclew, Mylor - Private Client

Work began on the house in 1738 and was completed in 1759. It is an example of a Palladian country house and is grade two listed.
At the time of completion, it was regarded as the finest house in Cornwall and was owned by the Bonython family for many generations.
In 1934 half of the house was decimated by fire, with the family narrowly getting themselves out of the building.
It has laid in ruin since then, with vegetation growing root and many Cornish winters taking the toll on the remaining structure.
The current owner, Mr James Neale, has recently cleared away a lot of the vegetation and the designed scaffolding was erected in December 2021, this was erected support the building façade initially and also provide access for the restoration work to be commenced in the summer of 2022.