Location – Wixenford Depot, Plymouth
Our head office based at Wixenford in Plymouth is currently seeking to recruit a motivated and flexible Accounts Assistant. We need a team player that enjoys a challenge and feels comfortable in an evolving office environment.
The main purpose of this role will be to assist with all aspects of the groups accounting function, both routine and ad-hoc.
Role responsibilities will include:
• Processing payroll for multiply pay frequencies
• Assisting the Credit Controller with sales ledger entries
• Assisting with the purchase ledger function
• Upkeep, development and maintenance of various spreadsheets
• Checking and promoting adherence to group processes and policies
• Provide assistance/support where needed to ensure the efficient running of the account’s office
The successful candidate will/must:
• Ideally be AAT qualified, although non-qualified candidates with significant experience will be given equal consideration
• Have recent payroll experience including auto enrolment knowledge
• Have previous purchase ledger experience
• Have a high attention to detail and great organisational skills
• The ability to work in a team or on own if required
• Have outstanding IT skills especially excel and have a strong aptitude to grasp new technologies
• Have a flexible, willing, “can do” approach, keen to undertake a challenge and enjoy problem solving
• Have good inter-personal and communication skills
• Annual leave 26 days a year plus 8 bank holidays (F/T)
• Excellent opportunity to join a progressive expanding local company
• Work in a modern office environment with excellent facilities including free parking
Full-time and Part time applications will be considered.
We can offer the successful candidate some flexibility on hours and days to be worked but must include Tuesday and Wednesday due to payroll responsibilities.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please apply with a full CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the role requirements to: